Monday, August 23, 2010

Designer Secrets - The Gauge Swatch (and why we won't stop harping at you that have to do one!)

These are the swatches that I use when I teach my design class.


These three are the same number of rows, same number of stitches on three different needle sizes
(7.5 mm, 6 mm and 4 mm).



These two are the same number of rows, same number of stitches, one in garter stitch and the other is two cables on a background of reverse stocking stitch.



These two swatches are the same number of rows, same number of stitches.....can you tell me what's different? I'll post the answer on Wednesday.





3 comments:

  1. could be different needle size, or different knitters?
    very interesting blog, love your interviews!
    Gila

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one on the left has been blocked? Hmm. I keep harping on this too, but people still keep saying they hate to swatch and that swatches lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess; one was knit and purled back, the other was knit and knit back backwards.

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete