Monday, September 27, 2010

New Shawl Pattern up on Patternfish

Introducing the Tiers of Lace Shawl.




I created this unusual tiered shawl after seeing a similar silhouette sewn from organza. 



The upper tier grows with additional yarn over stitches that have no corresponding decreases over 3 pattern repeats. The second tier starts, after the stitch count increases over two rows, by multiple yarn over stitches. There are more details over here on Patternfish. 

A big Thank you goes out to Deirdre who knit the sample.


3 comments:

  1. Your new pattern is beautiful! I especially like the unusual neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very flattering silhouette and eye-catching decolté, congratulations on this design! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU, Robin - it looks really nice all blocked out!

    And I've been contemplating a tattoo for my next birthday, which is a milestone... love the ones you've shown

    ReplyDelete