Monday, October 4, 2010

Stine Ladefoged Knit Designs



These photo's are from a designers' site that you can find here.


Stine Ladefoged is a Danish knitwear designer that was trained at Danmarks Designskole. The garments are machine knitted with a focus on draping and experimenting with different techniques on the machine. She says on her site that she likes working with combination's of different gauges, such as fine gauge and bulky gauge to get more variation in the volume and structure of the knit. I found these very interesting but not that wearable. I'm sure the braided necklace has been done before on a smaller scale. Sometimes I wish I could work on items like this just for the fun of it but I don't imagine there are very many buyers out there for patterns like these. 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment