Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Wrap Pattern up on Patternfish



I've just put my latest pattern up on Patternfish.  I originally knit this for myself in black alpaca as a replacement for the inexpensive pashmina that I was wearing often last winter. It seemed ridiculous to me that a Knitter wasn't wearing something a little nicer. It was a great investment of time. I wear it a least once a week either as a wrap or tucked inside my coat as a scarf. 


I realized later that the unique slip stitch pattern was going to look even better in a hand dyed yarn and the  pattern version of the wrap proves that I was right. Last spring I helped out at the Indigo Moon booth at the DKC's Knitters Frolic and this is the yarn I choose that day. I've been wearing this one wrapped around my denim jacket or my blue boiled wool blazer when I need to be a little more dressed up. 



I find the basic rectangular shape very versatile. It can be worn as a wrap with one end tossed back over your shoulder. It can be positioned and secured with a shawl pin or left hanging to cover your arms for warmth. It can also be worn like a scarf tucked inside a coat or tied on the outside with both ends hanging vertically down the front of your torso.




You can find the pattern here.

The photo's below are detail shots of the stitch pattern.










No comments:

Post a Comment