Monday, December 6, 2010

This annoys me!

I found this posted here . It really annoys me but I think this is a perception about knitting that we are stuck with so I will stop whining now.

What do you think?

How Canadians will spend their golden years

Many call the phase of their lives exciting

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The first group of Canada's boomers will turn 65 next year, but don't expect them to pull out the knitting needles.  A survey shows they are gearing up and not shifting down.
Most Canadian boomers disagree with Paul McCartney's song 'When I'm 64.'  They say they won't be knitting by the fire and taking quiet Sunday drives.  The Investors Group poll found about 61 per cent of boomers are looking at retirement as an exciting new stage in their lives.
While 58 per cent say the lack work means they'll have more time for hobbies and travel.  But about 40 per cent will rely on their spouse for financial support.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you - it's annoying. I WILL be grabbing my needles when I retire - I will finally have the time and quiet to knit and design and enjoy the billions of colors and textures knitting avails me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the idea that knitting is not exciting when it totally is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this typical stereotype turns up all the time. If only they could have seen Elizabeth Zimmerman on the back of her husband's motorcycle, knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, at my new job I was seen knitting and was told I was 'too young' to be a knitter!! As if!!

    ReplyDelete