Some Final Tips
- Use self-patterning sock yarn to add colour and pattern to the glove.
- Choose hand dyed yarns for colour variation in a simple glove.
- Work a single lace motif from a stitch dictionary on the back of hand.
- Do fancy cuffs in a fashion yarn or in a two colour pattern.
- Work any simple stitch pattern over the back of hand segment. Choose seed, moss or little cables; pick a stitch pattern that can be easily memorized.
- Create fingerless gloves by stopping short after beginning the fingers and finishing with a few rows of a non-curling stitch like garter, rib or seed stitch.
- Look at sock patterns for stitch designs with small repeats which will work on gloves as well.
- Use gloves to sample stitch patterns from stitch dictionaries.
- When using leftover yarn from a garment, use the project as inspiration and repeat an element for a co-coordinating glove.
Part 1 can be found here.
Part 2 can be found here.
Part 3 can be found here.
Part 4 can be found here.